Monday, May 14, 2012

Christianity vs. Religion!

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.” (Galatians 2:20-21)


Christianity is so simple, that most of us have a hard time accepting it, because inside we know we don't deserve such a great gift. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8) The world requires that we do something in order to receive something:  like me then I'll like you; do something for me and then I'll do something for you; do, do, do in order to receive.  But God does everything for us that we could possibly need, without us having done anything to deserve it.  All we have to do is accept it, believe it and receive it.


Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. ...having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. (Colossians 2:8, 15) Christ fulfilled all the requirements of God, when he died on the cross, in man's place. (Matthew 5:17)  Why would we reject such a generous loving gift, and try to get to God any other way, through works that won't work?  Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Consider listening to Pastor Leo Giovinetti teaching on Galatians: http://www.realliferadio.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment