Friday, June 29, 2012

What God Will and Will Not Forgive!

These six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:  A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil, A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren. (Proverbs 6:16-19) Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. (Psalm 51:7)  As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us. (Psalm 103:12)

God hates the above behavior, but they all can be forgiven.  However, there is one sin that cannot be forgiven, and that's to not believe the Word of God. (Mark 3:29; Luke 12:10)  In other words, if we don't believe the Word of God, we don't believe what Jesus Christ says regarding who He is, nor will we be able to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, who seals us until the day we are redeemed. (Ephesians 4:30The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, They have done abominable works, There is none who does good. (Psalm 14:1; 53:1)  

Let us not continue to remain a "fool" or foolish about the Truth: God is real; heaven and hell are real; one day we will die and our souls will spend eternity in one of those two places.  There are many different beliefs and religions in the world.  Sincerely pray and ask God to reveal himself to us and lead us to the Truth.  Start with The Bible!  Of all the books in the world, it's the only one where God speaks for himself, and His actual words are recorded, not what someone else says He said, but what He Himself has said: Bring out the blind people who have eyes, And the deaf who have ears.  Let all the nations be gathered together, And let the people be assembled. Who among them can declare this, And show us former things? Let them bring out their witnesses, that they may be justified; Or let them hear and say, “It is truth.” “You are My witnesses,” says the Lord, “And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, And besides Me there is no savior. I have declared and saved, I have proclaimed, And there was no foreign god among you; Therefore you are My witnesses,” Says the Lord, “that I am God. Indeed before the day was, I am He; And there is no one who can deliver out of My hand; I work, and who will reverse it?” (Isaiah 43:8-13) And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” (Exodus 3:14) Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” (John 8:58)

Based on who God says He is and what He will do for us, within what should be a short amount of time, we should all come to the same conclusion that Joshua came to: “Now therefore, fear the Lord, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods ...!  And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods ... But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:14-15)

No comments:

Post a Comment