Monday, August 4, 2014

II & III JOHN: Stand on God's Truth; "He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son!"

...truth which abides in us and will be with us forever: Grace, mercy, and peace will be with you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love. (II John 1:2-3)  Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. He who does good is of God, but he who does evil has not seen God. (III John 1:11)

I rejoiced greatly that I have found some of your children [members] walking in truth, as we received commandment from the Father.  And now I plead with you, lady [church], not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we have had from the beginning: that we love one another. This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it. (II John 1:4-6) 

Notice how proving we're Christians usually starts with us first showing "love to one another"?  Anyone or any religion or any faith that teaches to hate or kill someone for any reason, IS NOT OF GOD!  With that being said, the second part of our confirmation is to obey the Word of God, "walk according to His commandments"Beloved, you do faithfully whatever you do for the brethren and for strangers,... (III John 1:5)  Loving someone DOES NOT mean agreeing with them when they are wrong and tolerating sin; we should love each other too much, to stand idly by and watch anyone go to hell! Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction is stupid. The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, But he who heeds counsel is wise. In the way of righteousness is life, And in its pathway there is no death. (Proverbs 12:1, 15, 28)

Jesus said, “I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.  I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit,... This is my command: Love each other. (John 15:1, 4-5, 16, 17 NLT) If we are Christians, our lives "will produce much fruit".  And what does this "fruit" look like?  ...the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering [patience], kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. (Galatians 5:22-23)  If we abide in Christ and His Word abides in us, we will ...prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. (III John 1:2)

To ensure we stay in good "spiritual" health, we are to avoid the "poison" of lies in this world (II Corinthians 11:3). For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.  Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;  for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds. (II John 1:7, 9-11) 

Not only are we not to believe the lie that the world will try and succeed in convincing many people of, that Christ was not real, but we aren't even to "entertain" conversations with them.  Why?  Not because we're scared that they might be telling the truth, but because we aren't supposed to waste our time trying to disprove lies.  And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. (John 12:47-48) For God will bring every work into judgment, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil. (Ecclesiastes 12:14)

Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward. (II John 1:8)  We aren't Christians just for the fun of it, or because of all the beliefs in the world, this is the one the majority of people believe, if they believe anything (see World Faiths and Religions).  We are Christians because we believe that there is life after this life is over, And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. (John 17:3)  

And Christ promised us who are saved that we will receive a great reward: There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. (John 14:2-3 NLT) For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. (Matthew 16:27) If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.  If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. (I Corinthians 3:14-15) 

Just like we expect to get a paycheck, after we've done our job here on earth, we are working to receive a "great payday" when we get to our heavenly home.  But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him. [Isaiah 64:4]" (I Corinthians 2:9) AMEN!

Scriptures not included in the study: The Elder, To the elect lady and her children, whom I love in truth, and not only I, but also all those who have known the truth,... (II John 1:1) Having many things to write to you, I did not wish to do so with paper and ink; but I hope to come to you and speak face to face, that our joy may be full. The children of your elect sister greet you. Amen. (II John 1:12-13)

The Elder, To the beloved Gaius, whom I love in truth: (III John 1:1) For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. (III John 1:3-4) ...who have borne witness of your love before the church. If you send them forward on their journey in a manner worthy of God, you will do well, because they went forth for His name’s sake, taking nothing from the Gentiles. We therefore ought to receive such, that we may become fellow workers for the truth. I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to have the preeminence among them, does not receive us. Therefore, if I come, I will call to mind his deeds which he does, prating against us with malicious words. And not content with that, he himself does not receive the brethren, and forbids those who wish to, putting them out of the church. (III John 1:6-10)

Demetrius has a good testimony from all, and from the truth itself. And we also bear witness, and you know that our testimony is true. I had many things to write, but I do not wish to write to you with pen and ink; but I hope to see you shortly, and we shall speak face to face. Peace to you. Our friends greet you. Greet the friends by name. (III John 1:12-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment