Wednesday, July 31, 2013

THE GOSPEL: Promise Fulfilled, Manifestation of the Holy Spirit!

“A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. (John 14:19-20)

Sounds like a riddle, but it's not.  In the previous study, we concluded that we who are saved can say, just as Jesus did, I am in the Father, and the Father in Me!  Jesus is not here in flesh, but He is here in our flesh; He has not left us orphans. (see THE GOSPEL: The Most Reassuring Promise) How?  At this point in our study, Jesus was telling the disciples that at that day, the day of His crucifixion, He would leave them, but then He would return briefly, and they would see Him.  We now know that He was talking about His resurrection; therefore, because He live, we will live also.  After His resurrection would be His ascension back to the Father; then shortly afterwards, He explained, "...I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth." (John 14:16)

He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?” Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me. (John 14:21-24) Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. (I John 3:24)

Let this be clear to all of us, that we can't just say we're Christians; we also have to live like we're Christians!  “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38) “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”  (that is, the word of faith...): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 19:8-10, 13)

If we are sure that we are saved, then we will love Christ Jesus; and “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him." Our love for Him will cause us to live for Him, by keeping His commandments, which He has empowered us to do by giving us another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, who is the manifestation of  Christ to us and in us, He and the Father coming to us and making Their home with us.

“These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (John 14:25-27)  Jesus told the disciples and us who are saved these things before hand, so that when He was gone from this earth physically, our hearts would not be troubled, neither let it be afraid, but that we would have Peace!  The peace of knowing that no matter what happens to us in this life, Christ is in the Father, and we are in Christ, and Christ is in us, through the Helper- the Holy Spirit!

The Holy Spirit is a person of the Trinity: God the Father; Christ Jesus (the Word of God in the flesh)- Lord God the Son; and the Holy Spirit our Helper; ...and these three are One. (I John 5:7)  The Holy Spirit teaches us all things, and bring to our remembrance all things that Christ said, from the scriptures.  Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (II Timothy 2:15 KJV) In order for the Holy Spirit to teach us and bring to our remembrance, we have to put the Word in us, we have to study.  That's how the word is near us, in our mouth and in our heart!"  That's how we have His commandments and keep them!  That's how we prove that we loves Him!

After reassuring the disciples and us Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid, He concluded by saying, You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I. “And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe. (John 14:28-29) AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment