Thursday, August 1, 2013

THE GOSPEL: Stay Attached to the True Vine, and Bear Much Fruit!

“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. (John 15:1-2)

Jesus is our life source, the true vine. Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life." (John 14:6) And God the Father is the One Who took care of the Son. In that day sing to her, “A vineyard of red wine! I, the Lord, keep it, I water it every moment; Lest any hurt it, I keep it night and day. (Isaiah 27:2-3)  As long as we are connected to the true vine, God takes care of us also; every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.  Those who come He shall cause to take root...; ...blossom and bud, And fill the face of the world with fruit. (Isaiah 27:6)

But anyone who does not bear fruit He takes away.  When its boughs are withered, they will be broken off; ...and set them on fire. For it is a people of no understanding; Therefore He who made them will not have mercy on them, And He who formed them will show them no favor. (Isaiah 27:11) God made and formed everyone, but that doesn't make everyone His child; that just means everyone was created by Him.  He made each of us with freewill, but if we choose to ...suppress the truth in unrighteousness,... (Romans 1:18) then the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men... (Romans 1:18)

Remember, Judas Iscariot was one of the twelve disciples.  He was a branch, who was with Jesus from the beginning of His ministry.  He heard the Word and saw the miracles, just like the other disciples, but ...Satan entered him. (John 13:27) Satan didn't force his way into him; ...submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. (James 4:7)  Judas had the same knowledge that the others had, but he had no wisdom, no understanding.  We can go to church, listen to the Word of God, be around Christians, but if we don't choose to believe in Christ Jesus and accept Him as our Savior and Lord, then we too will be taken away, broken off.

As for the remaining eleven disciples, and all of us who have put our faith in Christ Jesus, "You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.  If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. (John 15:3-6)

Not only are the unbelievers taken away, broken off, but they are thrown into the fire, and they are burned.  For it is impossible to bring back to repentance those who were once enlightened—those who have experienced the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the power of the age to come— and who then turn away from God. It is impossible to bring such people back to repentance; by rejecting the Son of God, they themselves are nailing him to the cross once again and holding him up to public shame. (Hebrews 6:4-6 NLV)  For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned. (Hebrews 6:7-8)

"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. (John 15:7-12)

Let's always be mindful that this ability to ask what you desire is conditional.  Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears usAnd if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. (I John 5:14-15)  So how will we know what's according to His will?  "If you keep My commandments."  How do we know what His commandments are? "...the word which I have spoken to you."  We have to study the Word of God, in order to know God's will; then "My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you." 

Because of our obedience, every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit; he who abides in Christ, and Christ in him, bears much fruit; abide in Christ love, that Christ joy may remain in us, and that our joy may be full.  Ultimately, the goal is that you love one another as I have loved you.  When others see the fruit we bear and the love we have for people, no matter who they are, and if we make it very clear that the only way we are able to do the things we do and treat people the way we do is because of our relationship with Christ Jesus and His Holy Spirit living inside of us, By this God the Father is glorified!

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. (John 15:13-16) AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment