Monday, March 4, 2013

WISDOM (Proverbs): Getting Along with All People!

Does not wisdom call? Does not understanding raise her voice? She takes her stand on the top of the hill beside the way, where the paths meet. Beside the gates in front of the town, at the open doors, she cries out, “I call to you, O men. My voice is to the sons of men. (Proverbs 8:1-4 NLV)

Wisdom is available to all of us who desire to have it.  O child-like ones, learn to use wisdom. O fools, make your mind understand. Listen, for I will speak great things. What is right will come from my lips. For my mouth will speak the truth. My lips hate wrong-doing. All the words of my mouth are right and good. There is nothing in them that is against the truth. They are all clear to him who understands, and right to those who find much learning. Take my teaching instead of silver. Take much learning instead of fine gold. For wisdom is better than stones of great worth. All that you may desire cannot compare with her. (Proverbs 8:5-11 NLV) Wisdom does not lie! “God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?" (Numbers 23:19)

“I, wisdom, live with understanding, and I find much learning and careful thinking. The fear of the Lord is to hate what is sinful. I hate pride, self-love, the way of sin, and lies. I have teaching and wisdom. I have understanding and power. By me kings rule and rulers make laws that are fair. By me rulers rule, and all the princes rule on the earth. I love those who love me, and those who look for me with much desire will find me. Riches and honor are mine, lasting riches and being right with God.  My fruit is better than gold, even pure gold. What I give is better than fine silver. I walk in the way that is right with God, in the center of the ways that are fair. I give riches to those who love me, and fill their store-houses. (Proverbs 8:12-21 NLV)

Wisdom always puts others before itself! It leads us to be very careful in what we say and how we treat others.  Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.  Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. (James 3:13-18)

If rulers, leaders and people of authority would seek after wisdom, then they would make laws that are fair, and we would be able to live in a world of peace. But since that is not always the case, Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” [Deuteronomy 32:35] says the Lord.  Therefore “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.” [Proverbs 25:21-22Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (Romans 12:17-21) Even if those who should have wisdom choose not to seek it or use it, each of us can still choose to allow wisdom to guide our actions, and as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Those who do right do not have to be afraid of the leaders. Those who do wrong are afraid of them. Do you want to be free from fear of them? Then do what is right. You will be respected instead. (Romans 3:13 NLV)

Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ [Deuteronomy 6:4-5] This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ [Leviticus 19:18] There is no other commandment greater than these.” (Mark 12:29-31; see Ten Commandments & Christ) for the kingdom of God is ... righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. (Romans 14:17) Heard a minister say recently that to have real JOY, put Jesus first, Others second, and Yourself third! That summarizes the comandments. Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. (Matthew 7:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment