Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I TIMOTHY: Christ Jesus is "the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe!"

For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. These things command and teach. (I Timothy 4:10-11)

Just as Paul affirmed that he and Timothy could endure the laboring and suffering of reproach, we can also.  Why? Because we trust in the living God!  The God we believe in, the God we have put our faith in, the God we trust in is The Living GOD! God prophesied through Isaiah, “Behold! My Servant whom I uphold, My Elect One in whom My soul delights! I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles. ... I am the Lord, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images. ... They shall be turned back, They shall be greatly ashamed, who trust in carved images, who say to the molded images, ‘You are our gods.’" (Isaiah 42:1, 8, 17) Jesus referred to this same scripture regarding Himself, near 700 years after Isaiah had prophesied it. (Matthew 12:15-21)

God confirmed that Jesus was His Servant , His Elect One, the One in Whom He had put His Spirit! The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! This is He of whom I said, ‘After me comes a Man who is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to Israel, therefore I came baptizing with water.” And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him. I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God.” (John 1:29-34) And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:17; Mark 1:11; Luke 3:22)

But Jesus didn't just live, do good, and then die; He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by Cephas [Peter], then by the twelve [together]. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. Then last of all He was seen by me [Paul] also, as by one born out of due time. (I Corinthians 15:4-8) Christ Jesus is alive!  No other god, no other prophet, no other spiritual leader, no other religion or faith has a god who has died and resurrected! That's why He is the Only God qualified to be the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe!

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16) God has done all that needs to be done for us to be saved. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. (John 3:17) All we have to do is, confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. ... For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:9-13)

After His resurrection, then Jesus ascended back to heaven, back to the Father; and while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.” (Acts 1:9-11)  Christ Jesus is alive, in heaven, and He is coming back! 

Jesus said, “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. ...[when] the coming of the Son of Man be." (Matthew 24:36-39) ; Mark 13:32)  But we can rest assured that that day is coming, for “God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?" (Numbers 23:19) So until He physically returns, Christ Jesus is spiritually here with us, for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.. (Acts 1:5) Therefore, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38)

Once we have accepted Christ Jesus as our Savior and Lord, and received the gift of the Holy Spirit, then these things command and teach. Jesus is coming back. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. (II Peter 3:9) who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (I Timothy 2:4) Until He returns, let's do our part to lead as many others as we can to this live saving and changing relationship with God through Christ Jesus. For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, for which [we all are] appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ and not lying—a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth. (I Timothy 2:5-7)

No comments:

Post a Comment