Thursday, January 2, 2014

"Health, Wealth and Knowledge of Self" (cont.) - Attainable in 2014 through a Relationship with God!

My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart; for they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh. Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of lifePut away from you a deceitful mouth, and put perverse lips far from you. Let your eyes look straight ahead, and your eyelids look right before you. Ponder the path of your feet, and let all your ways be established. Do not turn to the right or the left; remove your foot from evil. (Proverbs 4:20-27)

In order to attain health, wealth and knowledge of self, we have to do a complete self examination, and then get our focus and motivation right.  We are all naturally sinners, born into sin, and have a desire to live our lives the way we want apart from having a relationship with God.  He who trusts in his own heart is a fool,... (Proverbs 28:26)  “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within and defile a man.” (Mark 7:20-23) ...But whoever walks wisely will be delivered. (Proverbs 28:26)

If we walk wisely, we will be delivered! But how do we become wise enough to overcome our sins, and have the health, wealth and knowledge of self we desire?  By studying ...the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (II Timothy 3:15-17)

We all desire to have physical health, wealth and knowledge of self, and if we Trust in the Lord, and do good;... Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:3-4)  But understand, God is most concerned that we have spiritual health, wealth and knowledge of self first!  We have to trust in the Lord, and do good, then He can trust to bless us with the rest.  Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures. (James 4:1-3)  Through faith which is in Christ Jesus, God will fill us with His Holy Spirit; Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. (I Corinthians 2:12)

True health comes from knowing and obeying the Word of God!  

HEALTH: There is no soundness in my flesh because of Your anger, nor any health in my bones because of my sin. For my iniquities have gone over my head; like a heavy burden they are too heavy for me. My wounds are foul and festering because of my foolishness. (Psalm 38:3-6) “But if a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, keeps all My statutes, and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die." (Ezekiel 18:21)

Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil. It will be health to your flesh, and strength to your bones. (Proverbs 3:7-8)  Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospersFor I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. (III John 1:2-4)

True wealth comes from keeping God first in our lives and obeying His Word!

WEALTH:  “Beware that you do not forget the Lord your God by not keeping His commandments, His judgments, and His statutes which I command you today, lest—when you have eaten and are full, and have built beautiful houses and dwell in them; and when your herds and your flocks multiply, and your silver and your gold are multiplied, and all that you have is multiplied; when your heart is lifted up, and you forget the Lord your God..., then you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gained me this wealth.’" (Deuteronomy 8:11-17)

“And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth,... Then it shall be, if you by any means forget the Lord your God, and follow other gods, and serve them and worship them, I testify against you this day that you shall surely perish. ...because you would not be obedient to the voice of the Lord your God." (Deuteronomy 8:18-20) A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children, But the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous. (Proverbs 13:22)

True knowledge of ourselves come from studying the Word of God and allowing it to transform us from the inside out!

KNOWLEDGE OF SELF: When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. (I Corinthians 13:11-12) Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the hearts. (Proverbs 21:2) “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; Who can know it? I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings." (Jeremiah 17:9-10)

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. (Romans 12:1-3) He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Once we have a true knowledge of ourselves, repent and accept Christ Jesus as our Savior and Lord, we have to study the Holy Scpritures, which are able to make you wise. My son, do not forget my law, but let your heart keep my commands; for length of days and long life and peace they will add to you. [HEALTH] Let not mercy and truth forsake you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart, and so find favor and high esteem in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and depart from evil. It will be health to your flesh, and strength to your bones.[KNOWLEDGE OF SELF] Honor the Lord with your possessions, and with the firstfruits of all your increase; so your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine. [WEALTH] (Proverbs 3:1-8)

Let us pray that in this new year we all have true health, true wealth and a true knowledge of self, through a renewed relationship with God through faith in His Son, Christ Jesus, and through a renewed commitment to studying His Word daily, by the guidance of His Holy Spirit!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment