Thursday, May 2, 2013

THE GOSPEL: Christ Jesus is The Son of God!

Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter. And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon’s porch.  [II Chronicles 7; read Solomon's PorchThen the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, “How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.” (John 10:22-24)

How much more plainly could Christ Jesus had been about Who He is? Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and My Father are one.” (John 10: 25-30; see THE GOSPEL: Good Shepherd, Wise Sheep)

The Apostle John had previously written, No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him. (John 1:18) And Jesus had said that,  “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work. (John 4:34) But I have a greater witness than John’s [the Baptist]; for the works which the Father has given Me to finish—the very works that I do—bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent Me. And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form. But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.  You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life. (John 5:36-40) I must work the works of Him who sent Me... (John 9:4) 

In a future lesson we will study, Jesus makes the statement, He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. (John 14:9-10) For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word [Christ Jesus, Son of God, Lord God], and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. (I John 5:7) Man cannot "see" God with our natural eyes; just as God told Moses, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.” (Genesis 33:20) But we can "see" God through His Son, Christ Jesus.  And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14) ...Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized by John in the Jordan. Then a voice came from heaven, “You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” (Mark 1:9, 11)

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.” Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods” [Psalm 82:6]’? If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture [documented Word of God] cannot be broken), do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.” (John 10:31-38)

Basically, Jesus is saying to these religious folks not to get upset with Him for proclaiming to be equal with God, because even God has referred to men as "gods".  The original Hebrew word is elohim, meaning mighty ones, that is the judges.  If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came or if God gave man that kind of power and authority, why do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’, or why would we not believe that Christ Jesus is from God and has been given all power and authority by God. (Colossians 1:15-18) God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, (Hebrews 1:1-3) 

Therefore they sought again to seize Him, but He escaped out of their hand. And He went away again beyond the Jordan to the place where John was baptizing at first, and there He stayed. Then many came to Him and said, “John performed no sign, but all the things that John spoke about this Man were true.” And many believed in Him there. (John 10:39-42)  Let's do like these people and not be like the religious leaders!  Let's believe The Truth, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Jesus, and Jesus in Him. (see THE GOSPEL: Indisputable Witnesses)

No comments:

Post a Comment